Creative Safety Measures during challenging times
The COVID-19 situation is raising new types of challenges. The energy industry must run and the merchant ships must supply the World. The day by day heroes, workers and seafarers which make the things possible, need to be trained continuously to be skilled and safety aware.
So far, NSTC has faced the challenges with some safety measures adapted to our specific workplaces. We would like to list a part of those measures:
- Social distancing. A single delegate per desk. Bigger classrooms used. Keeping distance inside the liferaft and lifeboats. The training sequences which request physical contact where applied alternative methods.
- Elimination of unnecessary contacts.
- Zoning in the building
- Everybody, delegates and trainers wearing a mask as much as practically possible.
- Thorough and often disinfection of equipment and common spaces.
- The unessential personnel are working from home.
- An increased general awareness.
Let’s hope for the best and be aware that everyone can be a contribution to general safety in every moment.